Robert L. Shook has been working full-time as an author since 1978. He has more than 50 published books to his credit, including four New York Times bestsellers. He is co-founder and past chairman of the board of Shook Associates Corporation, American Executive Corporation and American Executive Life Insurance Company. He has appeared on more than 600 radio and TV shows and outlets, including CNN and the “Today” show.
Heart & Soul
In Heart & Soul, Shook takes readers on heartwarming journeys through some of America’s most successful companies:
- Mary Kay (Dallas), whose primary focus has always been to be a vehicle for women’s success and independence in a world that often supports neither; the company now has more than 2 million women working toward their dreams in 37 countries.
- DaVita (Los Angeles/Denver), America’s largest dialysis company, which transformed its culture from a financially oriented bureaucracy to a company focused on excellent customer service and improving and extending the lives of millions of patients.
- InReturn (Cincinnati), a company that intentionally employs those with brain injury and other neurological challenges.
- World Wide Technology (St.Louis), the largest African-American–owned business in the nation, which thrives on biblical principles of fairness and caring.
- Starkey Laboratories (St.Paul/Minneapolis), whose employees travel to remote places to provide more than 50,000 hearing aids to the poor.
To the employees of these companies, success is measured by the good they accomplish in the world. However, profiting and caring aren’t mutually exclusive—these companies demonstrate how any company of any size can do both.
Dimensions: 6 x 9 x 1 in.
Weight: 1.25 lbs.
Publication Date: September 2010