Award-winning music biographer Jake Brown has written forty-three published books since 2001, featuring many authorized collaborations with some of rock’s biggest artists, including 2013 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees Heart (with Ann and Nancy Wilson), country music legends Merle Haggard and Freddy Powers, heavy metal pioneers Motorhead (with Lemmy Kilmister), late hip-hop icon Tupac Shakur (with the estate), celebrated rock drummer Kenny Aronoff, legendary R&B producer Teddy Riley, country rap star Big Smo, late funk pioneer Rick James, the superstar country music anthology Nashville Songwriter, all-star rock drummers anthology Beyond the Beats, all-star rap producers Hip Hop Hits anthology, and the all-star rock producers anthology Behind the Boards, among many others. Brown is a regular contributor to Tape Op magazine (including the 2016 AES cover story with Smashing Pumpkins mastermind Billy Corgan), has appeared as the featured biographer of record on Fuse TV’s “Live Through This” series and Bloomberg TV’s “Game Changers” series, and received national press in Rolling Stone magazine, CBS News, USA Today, MTV.com, the Hollywood Reporter, Parade magazine, Billboard, and others. In 2012, Brown won the Association for Recorded Sound Collections Award in the category of Excellence in Historical Recorded Sound Research.
By Jake Brown
$9.99 – $16.95
Fans of American country music love the personal, relatable stories artists share through their songs. For a country music enthusiast, singing along with a favorite track is more than just jamming to a catchy tune – it’s a way of connecting with the singer’s journey.
Nashville Songwriter gives readers the first completely authorized collection of the true stories that inspired hits by the biggest multi-platinum country superstars of the last half-century – recounted by the songwriters themselves. Award-winning music biographer Jake Brown gives readers an unprecedented, intimate glimpse inside the world of country music songwriting.
Featuring exclusive commentary from country superstars and chapter-length interviews with today’s biggest hit-writers on Music Row, this book chronicles the stories behind smash hits such as:
- Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”
- Tim McGraw’s “Live Like You Were Dying,” “Southern Voice,” and “Real Good Man”
- George Jones’s “Tennessee Whiskey”
- Carrie Underwood’s “Jesus Take the Wheel,” and “Cowboy Cassanova”
- Brooks & Dunn’s “Ain’t Nothin’ Bout You”
- Lady Antebellum’s “We Owned the Night” and “Just a Kiss”
- Brad Paisley’s “Mud on the Tires,” “We Danced,” and “I’m Still a Guy”
- Luke Bryan’s “Crash My Party” and “That’s My Kind of Night”
- The Oak Ridge Boys’ “American Made”
- George Strait’s “Fool Hearted Memory,” “Ocean Front Property,” and “The Best Day,”
- Rascal Flatts’s “Fast Cars and Freedom,” “Why Wait,” and “Take Me There”
- Kenny Chesney’s “Living in Fast Forward” and “When the Sun Goes Down”
- Ricochet’s “Daddy’s Money”
- Montgomery Gentry’s “If You Ever Stop Lovin’ Me”
- The Crickets’ “I Fought the Law”
- Tom T. Hall’s “Harper Valley P.T.A.” and “A Week in the County Jail”
- Trace Adkins’s “You’re Gonna Miss This”
- David Lee Murphy’s “Dust on the Bottle”
- Jason Aldean’s “Big Green Tractor” and “Fly Over States”
And many more top country hits over the past 40 years!
Find Nashville Songwriter at other Vendors
amazon Barnes & Noble Books-a-Million indiebound indigo
Format: E-book (pdf)
Dimensions: 6 x 9 x 1 in.
Weight: 1.25 lbs.
Publication Date: September 2014
Format: E-book (mobi)
Format: E-book (epub)