Part of the marketing department
Job Title: Mailing Assistant
Part-Time: 20-25 hours a week
- Partial hours each day expected, but final schedule to be determined with an offer
- Tracking hours worked and submitting bi-weekly invoices
Duration: Long-term, part-time (non-exempt)
Location: Dallas area; hybrid of remote work and in-person mailings at our local warehouse (Farmer’s Branch)
Pay: $15/hour + gas reimbursement
Years of Experience: No experience needed, though some appropriate skills a bonus
About BenBella Books
BenBella Books is an independent publishing house based in Dallas, Texas specializing in nonfiction books on popular culture, health and nutrition, business, science, politics, psychology, and other topics. BenBella offers authors a partnership philosophy, personal attention, flexibility, and a creative approach to marketing.
To support the marketing department with all mailings, managing the off-site mailing warehouse, including inventory support, ordering stock, and receiving and processing orders from the full marketing department.
Position is hourly and otherwise remote, with required weekly video check-in meetings.
Essential functions of the position:
- Responsible for receiving, printing, and organizing all mailings that come in from the marketing department
- Responsible for updating trackers with shipment information
- Responsible for processing mailings at our Dallas-based inventory warehouse
- Responsible for monitoring inventory and stock levels at the warehouse and ordering/returning stock as needed
Desired qualities: Candidates should be extremely organized and reliable.
Applicants should submit a resume and any other items to consider to Heather Butterfield at email@example.com.
BenBella Books Core Values
BenBella offers a supportive, casual environment that emphasizes teamwork communication. We look for candidates that fit our core values:
- We balance work and home life. We work in a highly-productive but enjoyable and relaxed work environment.
- We respect ourselves and others and work in an atmosphere of teamwork and growth.
- We strive for excellence in our work. We worry about the details and strive for total reliability.
- We are open and honest. We try to always do the right thing.
- We take responsibility for our actions. We admit mistakes and solve problems.
- We bring creativity into our work, always challenging our assumptions and looking for better ways to achieve results. We are flexible and responsive in a fast-moving environment.
- We treat our authors and agents as partners.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BenBella provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.